A Taste of Literacy and Equality
Thursday, March 4, 2021
6-7pm Pacific Time
A Virtual Wine Tasting to Celebrate International Women’s Day
with Room to Read and Topel Winery
It’s all about education!
Registration has closed. Thanks to all those who will be joining us! Link to Zoom meeting will be shared via email.
What Room to Read is doing to combat illiteracy and inequality, and the making of two very special wines from winemaker Martin Bernal-Hafner.
How it works:
- You: order your wine (’09 and ’17 Topel Estate Cabernet Sauvignon) here by February 14.
- We: will send the wine to arrive by the week of March 1*.
- You: open the ’17 Cabernet early on March 4 so it can breathe and the ’09 just before tasting.
- We: will send emails with delicious recipes that pair with Topel’s Cabernet Sauvignon.
- You: prepare the pairing of your choice.
- All of Us: log onto the video conference (link to come) at 5:50 and introduce yourself!
Special Bonus: You will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a two-night stay at the winery’s club member cabin on their mountain estate vineyard – located in Hopland (Mendocino County). Don’t miss this chance!**
Your participation in the Virtual Wine Tasting will not only give you access to excellent wine and expertise from the winemaker but your support will be directly donated to educating young children across the world.
After the unpredictable toll that 2020 had on education across the world, Room to Read’s efforts have never been more important as we work to keep children on the path to success. We hope to see you virtually at the event!
*Cost of shipping within the continental United States is included. Refer to the list of states below. If your state is not listed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Stay to be at a mutually agreed upon date. No purchase necessary to be entered into the raffle. Visit this page to enter.